Persons interested in publishing an article or book/multimedia review in this peer referred journal may submit manuscripts for consideration. JMER prefers that all submissions be written in a style that is accessible to a broad readership, including those individuals who may not be familiar with the subject matter. The manuscript must be prepared according to the following guidelines:
- Be no longer than 8,500 words (excluding references, notes, and tables) typed, double-spaced for manuscripts.
- If a review, should comprise between 1,500 to 2000 words (excluding references) for a single book/multimedia.
- Have an abstract no longer than 200 words on a separate page, typed/word processed, one-inch margins all around, and double-spaced.
- Specify a list of keywords
- Have title page, without the author’s name, address, or institutional affiliation.
- Include a complete References section following the APA 6th edition format. It is the author's responsibility to make sure that all sources in text are credited in the References section and that all References are properly cited in the text.
- Include no more than two half-page size illustrations, tables or figures or one full-page size illustration, table, or figure.
- Follow the Publication Manual of the APA (7th edition) standards and procedures for publication.
A cover letter must accompany the manuscript that includes the name of author(s), a full mailing address, and e-mail address, both day and evening phone numbers, and fax number.
Include the author’s name on the cover letter only.
Papers accepted for publication will need to incorporate the reviewers’ feedback. They must be submitted and reviewed in Microsoft Word format, preferably in .docx or .doc format.
For more information contact Dr. Aida A. Nevárez-La Torre, Senior Editor.
JMER is published once a year. The deadline for manuscript submission is August 31.
Authors should send a cover letter with their submission. The name(s) of author(s) should appear only in the cover letter, not on the title page or manuscript. This letter should also specify the author(s) mailing address, daytime and evening telephone, and an electronic mail address and fax number of the author(s).
JMER uses a double-blind review process; therefore author(s) must exclude their names, institutions, and clues to their identities that exist within the manuscript. The presence of such information may compromise the blind review process. If you have self-citations please use the convention of (Author, Year) in the text and also in the references, leaving out the publication information. Do not use running-heads.
All submissions should adhere to the format and length guidelines of JMER. Please indicate the number of words at the end of the manuscript or book/multimedia review. It is understood that the manuscripts submitted to JMER have not been previously published and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
When we receive a manuscript or book/multimedia review the author will be sent an email acknowledging its receipt. All manuscripts and book/multimedia reviews will be given careful consideration. Every effort will be made to inform the author(s) of our decision within 3 to 4 months. Types of decisions are: accept; accept with minor changes; accept with major changes; revise and resubmit; and do not accept. The editor’s decisions are final.
During the online submission, the author will be asked to read and agree to the Journal Policy confirming that the work is original work, giving first publication rights to JMER, and copyright and indemnification assurances. The editors reserve the right to make editorial changes to enhance clarity, concision, and style. The author should be consulted only if the editing has been substantial.